Owho soup is a popular delicacy among the Urhobo ethnic group of Southern Nigeria.
- Assorted meat
- Dry fish
- Cowskin [pomo]
- 2 teaspoon of potash
- Ground crayfish
- A cup of garri
- Hot and spicy pepper
- Local seasoning
- Delta Banga
- Boil the assorted meat with stockfish, crayfish, and pepper stock.
- Add a little extra water, so you have this bubbly crayfish and pepper stock.
- Pound potash to powdery form mix with water.
- Slowly add the potash solution to the boiling stock.
- Add the soaked garri to the pot and stir vigorously to prevent it from forming lumps.
- Allow for 5 minutes and your delicious owho soup is ready for eating.
This soup is exclusively being served with starch, but if you are not used to starch you can use any swallow of your choice. This soup is mostly being enjoyed by the urhobos in Delta state, Nigeria.