This soup is a delicacy of the Efik speaking community in Cross River State, Nigeria.
- Afang Leaf
- Goat meat
- Dry fish
- Assorted meat
- Palm oil
- Local seasoning
- Ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Onion (Optional)
- Ponmo (cow skin – optional)
- Season and boil your goat meat, assorted meat until soft, then set aside.
- Wash, slice and pound your Afang leaf a little and set aside.
- Place your pot on the fire, add red oil and fry your onion a bit, then add your waterleaf and fry a little.
- Pour into the pot your meat stock, add your blended crayfish, dry fish and garnished roasted fish, pepper and a little salt to taste, stir and cover to cook for 5mins.
- Add your goat meat, assorted meat, Pomo, periwinkle and stir properly for the ingredients to mix well, cover and allow to cook for another 5mins.
- Finally, add your Ukwoho (Afang) leaf and allow to cook for another 3mins and your delicious Ukwoho soup is ready for serving. This soup goes well with our local swallows such as Eba, Fufu, Semo, and any other of choice.