Ogbono soup is a popular Nigerian delicacy made from dry-blended ogbono seeds with other ingredients. The grounded ogbono seeds are used as a thickener in the soup.
- Palm oil
- Dry fish
- Ogbono seeds
- Oziza leaf/vegetable
- Goat meat/beef
- Stockfish/ assorted meat
- Local seasoning
- Cow tribe (pomo)
- Grounded crayfish
- Add palm oil and place the pot on the fire, then heat for 1 minute, add sliced onion and stir.
- Add the Ogbono and stir. Add water, add crayfish, pepper, seasoning, and salt to taste.
- Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add goat meat or beef with the sauce, add stockfish, assorted meat, and pomo and allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Finally, add oziza leaf or vegetable and allow to cook for 2 minutes and your Ogbono soup is ready for consumption. This soup can be serve with fufu, eba, semo, wheat or any swallow of choice.