Ofe-Oha soup is a delicacy peculiar with the people from the South-East and South–South geopolitical zone of Nigeria. The word Ofe is soup in English.
- Oha leaf
- Fresh goat meat
- Smoked fish
- Assorted meat
- Cocoyam (Ede)
- Fresh pepper
- Banga (palm fruits)
- Local spices
- Boil your stockfish, goat meat, until properly cooked and set aside.
- Boil and pound your palm fruits (Banga) and sieve the stock into a bowl and set aside.
- Place your pot on the fire and pour your Banga stock into the pot then allow to boil for about 3 minutes.
- Add your sliced onion, add your already parboiled goat meat, stockfish and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Add your blended crayfish, dry fish, pepper, Ogiri and other local spices, and stir properly. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add your already pounded cocoyam (Ede) to thicken the soup. Note that the quantity of the soup will determine the quantity of cocoyam to be added to the soup.
- Finally, add Oha leaf and stir properly to mix well with all the ingredients, then cover and allow to cook for about 4minutes on low heat. Your delicious Oha soup is ready to be served with pounded yam, fufu or any swallow of choice.