Most people get about 20 percent of their water through food and the rest by drinking water or other beverages. Plain water contains zero calories and is not a source of fat, protein or carbohydrates.
Although pure water does not contain any additional nutrients. Water can be defined as an essential nutrient because the body needs about 60-75 percent of it to survive. Human existence can hardly be imagined without water
USES OF WATER
- Domestic use such as drinking, preparing food, bathing, washing clothes, and dishes, etc.
- Industrial use such as acting as a coolant to heavy-duty machines in the manufacturing plants. Water is also being used for the processing of food in the food and beverages manufacturing plants.
- Water is also very essential in the agricultural sector for plants or crops to grow.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATER
- Water regulates body fluids
- Water helps with digestion and makes you feel full [so you eat less].
- Water prevents muscle fatigue and dehydration
- Water supports the kidneys process of ridding the body of toxins
We advise you to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to stay healthy and fit.