This soup is a favorite delicacy in the northern part of Nigeria.
- Spinach, ripe pumpkin, Yakuwa (sorrel)
- Raw groundnut
- Palm oil
- Local seasoning
- Habanero pepper [Tatashe]
- Spring onions
- Goat meat [chicken, biscuit bone optional] and dry fish
- Fresh pepper
- Wash and cut ripe pumpkin, Yakuwa (sorrel) or spinach.
- Fry groundnut in a pan on low heat for 5 minutes and put down to cool.
- Grind the groundnut in a mortar with a pestle.
- Wash and blend tomatoes, Tatashe, pepper, onions, and crayfish together.
- Wash and marinade goat meat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add palm oil in a pot, then add blended tomatoes mixture and fry.
- Add the cooked goat meat and groundnut paste and stir on low heat for 5mins.
- Add local spices spring onions, and Yakuwa and stir, cover and allow to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add Alaihu and stir, cover and allow to boil for 3 minutes and your palatable Miyan Taushe is ready for consumption. This soup is being served with either Tuwon Masala or Tuwon Shinkafa. It can also be served with any other swallow of choice.