Prepare time: 30 min
Cook: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hr
This soup is predominantly eaten by people from the Northern part of Nigeria. Their menu list cannot be complete without a mention of this soup. It is served with either Towun-Shinkafa, Masala or Semovita.
- Kuka leaf powder
- Cow meat (NAMA)
- Palm oil
- Assorted meat (optional)
- Dawadawa and other local spices
- Dry fish
- Cray fish
- Put your pot on the fire, add palm oil and allow to fry for 2 minutes then add sliced onion, add your blended pepper and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add your meat stock and allow it to boil for another 2 minutes.
- Add your boiled cow meat (Nama), add dry fish, crayfish, Dawa Dawa and salt to taste, then cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add Kuka leaf powder and stir properly to avoid the formation of lumps. It should not be too thick or watery, cover and allow to cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Your delicious MIYAN KUKA is ready to be savoured. This sumptuous northern delicacy is served with Tuwon shinkafa, Tuwon masala or any other swallow of choice. Please note that the northern menu list cannot be complete without the mention of miyan kuka.