This soup is a delicacy eaten by people from Ogbaland, Obrikom and Omoku in Egbema/Ndoni LGA of Rivers State, Nigeria. This soup is mostly being served with pounded yam during the new yam festival also known as NCHAKA FESTIVAL.
- Yam [thickener]
- Fresh catfish
- Fresh crayfish
- Snail [salted]
- Blended crayfish
- Palm oil
- Local seasoning
- Vegetable [pumpkin]
- Boil the meat, stockfish, add the blended crayfish and onion.
- Parboil the yam, and then pound the yam with little oil added. Add the pounded yam and stir.
- Add palm oil, fresh fish to your boiling pot on the fire and shake not stir to avoid the fish from breaking. Allow cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add your snail fresh crayfish. Allow it to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sliced vegetable [pumpkin] and allow to boil for 2 minutes and your delicious INI-OWE or OWE OGBA is ready to be devoured.
The soup can be served with any swallow of choice.